TS2230 Tape Drive Express Model
Today, data is a key corporate asset in all types of businesses. The ability to access data quickly and reliably is critical to your success. Whether your business utilizes a high-performance network server or individual workstations, archiving and retrieving data in a dependable and consistent manner is mission critical.
The IBM System Storage™ TS2230 Tape Drive Express LTO3 HH Model—the entry-level IBM System Storage tape product family offering—is the answer to growing storage requirements and shrinking backup windows. By leveraging advanced Linear Tape-Open technology and the half-high format, the TS2230 Tape Drive is suited for handling the backup, save and restore, and archival data storage needs of a wide range of small systems.
The System Storage TS2230 Tape Drive Express LTO3 HH Model is an excellent tape storage solution for businesses requiring backup or low-cost, real-time archival of their data within a small window of time. The TS2230 has a storage capacity of up to 800 GB (with 2:1 compression) in conjunction with the IBM TotalStorage® LTO Ultrium 400 GB data cartridge, which is double the capacity of the Ultrium 2™ technology. Along with its higher capacity, the performance of the TS2230 Tape Drive has more than doubled over the previous generation of half-high LTO drives in the market for a native data transfer rate of up to 60 MBps. The TS2230 Tape Drive provides an excellent alternative to slower and smaller capacity 1/4-inch, 4 mm and 8 mm DLT/SDLT tape drives.
- An entry-level Ultrium™ tape solution for the midrange and network tape storage environments
- Designed to provide cost-effective backup, save and restore, and archival storage external to the server
- Double the storage capacity of existing HH LTO2 drives in the market
- Adheres to widely supported Linear Tape-Open® (LTO) standards
- The IBM System Storage TS2230 Tape Drive Express LTO3 HH Model is an external half-high drive incorporating the 3rd generation of IBM LTO technology. This is an external stand-alone or rack-mountable unit, similar to previous models of the 3580 full-high drive and is the entry point for the family of IBM Ultrium tape products. The TS2230 Tape Drive provides an excellent migration path from digital linear tape (DLT or SDLT), 1/4-in., 4 mm, or 8 mm tape drives. The TS2330 Express LTO3 HH Model can read and write LTO Ultrium 2 Data Cartridges and read LTO Ultrium 1 Data Cartridges.
- Features the IBM Half-High Ultrium 3 Tape Drive
- Adheres to the widely supported LTO specification which promotes standardization and allows for multiple media and drive providers
- Provides superior performance and capacity attributes for unattended backup within small-midrange server environments
- Compatible with major operating systems and ISV applications