Desktop and Laptop Option
Automated endpoint data protection for Windows and Mac
Veritas™ Desktop and Laptop Option is a user centric backup solution that provides flexible implementation and centralized administration for endpoint data protection of Windows and Mac desktops and laptops in the organization. This highly scalable standalone solution offers distributable components making it suitable for environments of any scale, be it single-site, multi-site, or having remote offices, allowing you to protect even the most recent files in the endpoints.
- Protect endpoints automatically regardless of the connected network without any user intervention.
- Backup instantaneously with RPO of seconds including support for work-in-progress documents.
- Customize backup configurations for a fail-safe plan against ransomware threats.
- Empower end users in the organization with self-restore capabilities.
Choose from flexible deployment options
Match the architecture to your organization’s size and requirements
- Distribute components to suit the needs of your environment
- Get remote install agents for desktops and laptops
- Gain built-in security with integrated encryption features and data privacy configurations
Centralize and automate backup and recovery
Manage tasks across your entire organization
- Generate detailed reports on the backup status of all desktops and laptops
- Get a real-time graphical visualization of your entire environment via the dashboard
- Automate routine activities and delegate administrative tasks as needed
Run continuous, non-intrusive backups
Stay secure when you’re connected to corporate or public networks or offline
- Automatically detect an available network for seamless backups using the agent
- Instantly access backed-up data with mobile applications for ioS and Android platforms
- Easily access and download backed-up files via a web browser
Protect endpoints from ransomware threats
Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option offers highly customizable backup configurations to tailor fit backup policy for ransomware protection.
- Customize backup configuration with multiple backup modes and revision policies for ransomware protection
- Configure ‘Rollback Window’ for maintaining day-wise revisions for revival from ransomware
- Use ‘Rollback Restore’ for point-in-time restore of the backed up files
Secure data without accessing the corporate network
Now you can protect the data of users outside the corporate network through the Backup Over Internet capability of Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option.
- Run VPN-less backups for corporate users
- Automatically select the right network for seamless backups
- Protect the data of users both inside and outside the corporate network
Empower users to migrate data from one machine to another
With Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option, administrators can enable users to easily migrate their data from one machine to another.
- Use the intuitive endpoint migration utility on the client side for effortless data migrations
- Migrate files that haven’t been backed up
- Provision self-service migrations with an easy-to-use utility