Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA
Systems administrators manage critical business workloads and applications – like SAP HANA – daily. It is vital that enterprises always maintain access to these databases and native SAP functionality is essential to seamless operations as is the ability to backup and restore natively to a desired state. When it comes to any application administration and availability, native SAP functionality is mandatory. This includes the ability to manage their backups and restores natively with the SAP HANA backint integration. The Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA provides SAP administrators the ability to backup their mission-critical, performance-sensitive SAP HANA environments to address the business-critical demands required for application and data availability.
Benefits of the Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA
The Veeam Plug-in for SAP HANA provides an SAP-certified backup and recovery solution, allowing enterprise customers to seamlessly integrate native SAP HANA backup with the industry-leading Veeam Backup & Replication™ solution. Systems Administrators can save time and improve operational efficiencies via native functionality and simplify the management of SAP HANA backup and restore functionalities with advanced enterprise-level capabilities to:
- Backup and restore with the native SAP HANA Database methods: Usage of SAP HANA Studio, SAP HANA Cockpit or SQL commands for backup & restores
- Seamlessly stream SAP HANA backups (full, differential, incremental, and logs) into Veeam repositories
- Leverage enhanced capabilities and use cases for existing scripts and scheduling methods
- Use Veeam’s Scale-out Backup Repository (SOBR) for maximum throughput during backup and restore operations. Additional server and storage can be used to scale throughput and capacity
In addition to the plug-in, Veeam provides disaster recovery support for applications including SAP S/4 HANA, SAP BW Data Warehouse, and SAP Business ONE; supported environments include:
- Support for VMware-based workloads with outstanding features like Instant VM Recovery and DataLabs for copy data management, and Storage Integrations including HPE 3PAR, NetApp AFF, Pure FlashArray and Dell EMC Unity;
- Support for Hyper-Converged Infrastructure systems like Cisco HyperFlex, NetApp HCI, Nutanix AHV and others;
- Protection of physical servers and cloud-based workloads such as Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack and Amazon EC2.
The Veeam Plugin for SAP HANA is available with Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus edition at no additional cost. Additional licensing requirements include:
- Deployments on Physical servers/clusters require the subscription Veeam Instance License
- Deployments on Virtualized environments can use subscription or perpetual license