FusionServer Pro 2298 V5 Rack Server
Huawei FusionServer Pro 2298 V5 is a 2U, two-socket rack server, applicable to services such as tiered storage of hot, warm, and cold data, and historical data archiving. With a highly efficient design, the server ensures excellent computing performance and provides flexible and ultra-large local storage scalability to reduce data storage costs.
The 2U server can be configured with two Scalable processors, 12 DDR4 DIMMs, and 24 x 3.5-inch plus four x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA disks for local storage, the FusionServer 2298 V5 supports a maximum of four NVMe SSDs. It incorporates patented technologies, such as Dynamic Energy Management Technology (DEMT) and Fault Diagnosis and Management (FDM), and integrates Huawei’s eSight software for entire-lifecycle management, helping customers drive down their OPEX and increase their ROI.
Ultra-Large Capacity, Tiered Storage
Powered by Scalable processors, supports 12 DDR4 DIMMs, up to 24 x 3.5-inch + four x 2.5-inch local hard drives, and two GE + two 10 GE LAN On Motherboard (LOM) ports.
Smart Power Savings and Better Energy Efficiency
Leverages patented DEMT for smart power management, slashes power consumption by up to 15% without affecting performance; uses 80 Plus® Platinum PSUs for better energy utilization.
Unmatched Intelligent Manageability and Openness
Supports smart O&M across the lifecycle and FDM for in-depth diagnosis with an accuracy of up to 93%. Provides standardized and open interfaces, facilitating integration with third-party management software.
|Model||FusionServer Pro 2298 V5|
|Form Factor||2U rack server|
1 or 2 1st Generation Scalable processors (3100/4100/5100/6100/8100 series), up to 205W
1 or 2 2nd Generation Scalable processors (3200/4200/5200/6200/8200 series), up to 205W
|Memory||12 DDR4 DIMM slots, up to 2,933 MT/s|
• 24 x 3.5-inch SAS/SATA HDDs, hot-pluggable, power-on/-off on a per HDD basis
• 4 x 2.5-inch SAS/SATA/NVMe hard drives, hot-pluggable
• 2 x M.2 SSDs
|RAID||4 rear SAS/SATA HDDs can be configured to support RAID 0, 1, 10, and 1E. RAID-level migration, disk roaming, self-diagnosis, and web-based remote configuration are supported.|
|Network Ports||• LOM: 2 x 10 GE + 2 x GE ports
• Flexible Network Interface Card (NIC): 1 x OCP 2.0 standard NIC
|PCIe Expansion||Up to 5 PCIe 3.0 expansion slots, including 1 PCIe card slot dedicated for the RAID controller card and 1 slot for flexible OCP 2.0 standard NIC|
|Fan Modules||5 hot-swappable fan modules, with support for N+1 redundancy|
|Power Supply||2 hot-swappable PSUs, with support for 1+1 redundancy. Supported options include:
• 900W AC Platinum PSUs (input: 100V to 240V AC, or 192V to 288V DC)
• 1,500W AC Platinum PSUs
− 1,000W (input: 100V to 127V AC)
− 1,500W (input: 200V to 240V AC, or 192V to 288V DC)
• Huawei iBMC integrates one dedicated management GE network port to provide comprehensive management features such as fault diagnosis, automated O&M, and hardware security hardening.
• iBMC supports standard interfaces such as Redfish, SNMP, and IPMI 2.0; provides a remote management interface based on HTML5/VNC KVM; supports CD-free deployment and the Agentless feature, simplifying management.
• (Optional) Configured with the Huawei eSight management software to provide advanced management features such as stateless computing, batch OS deployment, and automated firmware upgrade, enabling smart and automatic entire-lifecycle management.
|Installation Suite||L-shaped guide rails and adjustable guide rails|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||Chassis dimensions: 86.1 mm x 447 mm x 890 mm (3.39 in. x 17.60 in. x 35.04 in.)|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F), ASHRAE Class A3 compliant|